Contributions to the Research Project

12 March 2024

1. I helped come out with the concept of the design solution, on how to attach the seat to the deck of the lorry.

2. I helped to design the mechanism needed for our team design solution, using the j hook to attach to the railing of the lorry (deck).

3. I draw out the different views of the design solution to elaborate on the benefits of having the designed solution.

4. I asked the construction workers for feedback on the level of comfort they are when being transported from site to site.

5. I researched for reference on how to design for our design solution.

6. I had to watch videos on how a foldable chair works to better design the foldable chair attachment.

7. I researched the dimensions of the lorry to ensure that the design solution that I came out with would fit the deck of the lorry and have enough space to cater for the worker to move around. 

8. I measured the dimensions of the chair to ensure the design solution has enough seat space for the workers to sit.

4 April 2024

9. I helped draft out the benefits portions of the report, mentioning how the product (Ikigai seat) can benefit the migrant worker.

10. I helped come up with constraints and limitations portions for the report, the pros and cons of having Ikigai seat. 

Comments

  1. Thank you for all your effort, Alson.

    How many workers were surveyed?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction, Communication Skills, and Module Goals

The Importance of communication skills for engineers - Quotation